POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Kaliedoscope : Re: Kaliedoscope Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kaliedoscope
From: Spock
Date: 22 Oct 2001 10:30:29
Message: <3bd42d85$1@news.povray.org>
I ran into an old Kaleidoscope at a flea market yesterday.  Some suggestions
for your content (not your video format):

1. I think the real think uses three mirrors in an equilateral triangle.  My
imagination tells me this would result in six "petals" instead of four.

2. As you roll the tube the pieces fall (randomly, sometimes catching on
other pieces and defying gravity).  Any chance of introducing some virtual
gravity in your model?

3. The best implementations used a combination of translucent bits
(sometimes with internal refraction planes) and reflective bits (mirrors,
fake diamonds, coloured foil, etc.).  Flashes of light are good.

I intend all of the above only by way of suggestions to improve your already
excellent movie, not as criticism.  Thanks for posting.